Basic Concept & Principal of Naturecure
In fact, Nature Cure is a way of life of which we find a number of references in the Vedas and other ancient texts. The morbid matter theory, concept of vital force and other concepts upon which Nature Cure is based are already available in old texts which indicate that these methods were widely practised in ancient IndiAnanya is the company born for localize the great medical method called NATUROPATHY. We have clear vision that to make people healthy, wealthy and independent. We take lectures and seminars on health to the companies, clubs & the social groups to make them aware with our great traditional Indian science & the holistic approach towards body and health.
The whole practice of Nature cure based on the following three principles:
- Accumulation of morbid matter
- Abnormal composition of blood and lymph
- Lowered vitality
Nature Cure believes that all the diseases arise due to accumulation of morbid matter in the body and if scope is given for its removal, it provides cure or relief. It also believes that the human body possesses inherent self constructing and self healing powers. The fundamental difference in Nature Cure with other systems is that its theory and practice are based on holistic view point whereas the later’s approach is specific. Nature Cure does not believe in the specific cause of disease and its specific treatment but takes into account the totality of factors responsible for diseases such as one’s un-natural habits in living, thinking, working, sleeping, relaxation, sexual indulgence etc, and also considers the environmental factors involved which on the whole disturbs the normal functioning of the body and lead it to a morbid, weak and toxic state.
For treatment it primarily stresses on correcting all the factors involved and allowing the body to recover itself. A Nature Cure physician helps in Nature’s effort to overcome disease by applying correct natural modalities and controlling the natural forces to work within safe limits. The five main modalities of treatment are air, water, heat, mud and space.
Development & Its Status
Nature Cures, not the Physician. – Hippocrates (father of medicine) Nature cure is a constructive method of treatment which aims at removing the basic cause of disease through the rational use of the elements freely available in nature. It is not only a system of healing, but also a way of life, in tune with the internal vital forces or natural elements comprising the human body. It is a complete revolution in the art and science of living. Although the term ‘ naturopathy’ is of relatively recent origin, the philosophical basis and several of the methods of nature cure treatments are ancient. It was practised in ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. Hippocrates, the father of medicine (460-357 B.C.) strongly advocated it. India, it appears, was much further advanced in older days in natural healing system than other countries of the world. There are references in India’s ancient sacred books about the extensive use of nature’s excellent healing agents such as air, earth, water and sun. The Great Baths of the Indus Valley civilisation as discovered at Mohenjodaro in old Sindtestifies to the use of water for curative purposes in ancient India. The modern methods of nature cure originated in Germany in 1822, when Vincent Priessnitz established the first hydropathic establishment there. With his great success in water cure, the idea of drugless healing spread throughout the civilised world and many medical practitioners throughout the civilised world and many medical practitioners from America and other countries became his enthusiastic students and disciples. These students subsequently enlarged and developed the various methods of natural healing in their own way. The whole mass of knowledge was later collected under one name, Naturopathy. The credit for the name Naturopathy goes to Dr.Benedict Lust (1872 - 1945), and hence he is called the Father of Naturopathy.Nature cure is based on the realisation that man is born healthy and strong and that he canstay as such as living in accordance with the laws of nature. Even if born with some inheritedaffliction, the individual can eliminate it by putting to the best use the natural agents of healing.Fresh air, sunshine, a proper diet, exercise, scientific relaxation, constructive thinking and the right mental attitude, along with prayer and meditation all play their part in keeping a sound mind in a sound body.
Nature cure believes that disease is an abnormal condition of the body resulting from the violation of the natural laws. Every such violation has repercussions on the human system in the shape of lowered vitality, irregularities of the blood and lymph and the accumulation of waste matter and toxins. Thus, through a faulty diet it is not the digestive system alone which is adversely affected. When toxins accumulate, other organs such as the bowels, kidneys, skin and lungs are overworked and cannot get rid of these harmfu l substances as quickly asthey are produced. Besides this, mental and emotional disturbances cause imbalances of the vital electric field within which cell metabolism takes place, producing toxins. When the soil of this electricfiled is undisturbed, disease-causing germs can live in it without multiplying or producingtoxins. It is only when it is disturbed or when the blood is polluted with toxic waste that the germs multiply and become harmful.
Nature Cure movement started in Germany & other western countries with "Water cure" (Hydrotherapy). Water cure was synonymous with Nature Cure in those early days. The credit of making Water cure world famous goes to Vincent Priessnitz (1799-1851) who was a farmer. Dr. Henry Lindlahr and others go to the extent of crediting him as "Father of Naturopathy". The word "Naturopathy" has been coined by Dr. John Scheel in the year 1895 and was propagated and popularised in the western world by Dr. Benedict Lust. A number of Doctors of modern medicine and others became Nature Cure enthusiasts and gradually added a number of modalities within the fold of Naturopathy and scientifically developed them. Nature Cure movement gained momentum in India as Mahatma Gandhi, "Father of the Nation" became much interested in this system and included it in his programmes. He has also established a Nature Cure Hospital in Uruli Kanchan, Distt. Poona, Maharashtra which is still functioning.
The methods applied for cure in Naturopathy are the following: -
- Water Therapy: Water is the most ancient of all the remedial agents. It is employed in different forms in treatment and produces several types of physiological effects depending upon temperature and duration. Hydrotherapy is employed in almost all types of disease conditions in the form of different treatments.
- Air Therapy: Fresh air is essential for good health. Air therapy is employed in different pressures and temperatures in variety of disease conditions
- Fire Therapy: Existence of all the creatures and forms depends upon “Agni” (Fire). In Nature Cure treatment, different temperatures are employed through different heating techniques to produce different specific effects.
- Space Therapy: Congestion causes disease. Fasting is the best therapy to relieve congestion of body and mind.
- Mud Therapy: Mud absorbs, dissolves and eliminates the toxins and rejuvenates the body. It is employed in treatment of various diseases like constipation, skin diseases etc.
- Food Therapy: Most of the disease are amenable through food therapy. As you eat so will you be physically as well as mentally. “Your food is your medicine”. These are the main slogans of Nature Cure.
- Massage Therapy: Massage is generally employed for tonic, stimulant and sedative effects. It is an effective substitute for exercise.
- Acupressure: There are different points on hands, feet & body which are associated with different organs. By applying pressure on these selected points, related organs can be influenced for getting rid of their ailments.
- Magneto Therapy: Magnets influence health. South and North poles of different powers and shapes are employed in treatment, by applying directly on different parts of the body or through charged up water or oil.
- Chromo Therapy: Sun rays have seven colours – violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. These colours are employed through irradiation or body or by administering charged water, oil and pills for treatment.
- Energy Therapy : Energy is the source of life. We all know that there is some power in universe who organise the living and nonliving agents, we know that power as a COSMIC ENERGY (PRAN URJA). By transplantation of cosmic energy to our human body and mind we can get ultimate result on our disease condition.
- Counselling Therapy: Modern science also believe that the 70 to 80 % disease are “Psychosomatic”. Changing in outlook and mentality by the way of counselling is greater treatment and highly require for physical treatment.
- Music Therapy : There is some harmony and music in nature. Body and mind also have some harmony in their nature when they get upset the disease occurs, at that time we can heal that condition by the way of external music.
BASIC PRINCIPLE OF NATURE CURE: -
- All diseases, their cause and treatment are one. Except for traumatic and environmental conditions, the cause of all diseases is one i.e. accumulation of morbid matter in the body and their elimination from the body is treatment.
- The primary cause of disease is not bacteria or virus. Bacteria and virus enter and survive in the body only after the accumulation of morbid matter when a favourable atmosphere for their growth is established in body. Hence, the basic cause is morbid matter, not the bacteria. They are the secondary causes.
- Acute diseases are self-healing effort of the body. Hence, they are our friends, not the enemy. Chronic diseases are outcome of wrong treatment and suppression of the acute diseases.
- Nature is the greatest healer. Body has a capacity to prevent itself from disease and regain health if unhealthy.
- In Naturopathy, patient is treated and not the disease.
- Patients suffering from chronic ailments are also treated successfully in comparatively less time by Naturopathy.
- After emerging, suppressed diseases can be cured by Naturopathy.
- Naturopathy treats all the aspects like physical, mental, social and spiritual at the same time.
- Naturopathy treats body as a whole instead of giving treatment to each organ separately.
- Naturopathy treats body as a whole instead of giving treatment to each organ separately.