Special Therapeutic Nadi Massage
This type of massage need some specialized technique and knowledge about nervous system thus the only specialist doctor or therapist only can do this type of massage which directly focus on the particular nervous. The effects of massage on the nervous system depend on the direct and reflex reaction of the nerves stimulated. The nervous system can be stimulated or soothed depending on the type of massage movement applied. For your nervous system, massage generally causes a calming, relaxing feeling.
Physiological benefits of therapeutic massage on the nervous system:
- Brings about invigorating effects to the entire nervous sytem due to improved circulation and nutrition;
- Can relax or stimulate nerves, depending on the type of treatment;
- Has a biofeedback effect, giving the mind more information as to where tension is being held in the body;
- Has a normalizing effect on the sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions of the Automatic Nervous System;
- Releases spasms of tissue surrounding the spinal cord which can take the strain off nerves;
- Possibly effects coordination centers through massage of the head and face;
- Can be effective in pain control by effecting the release of secretions, such as endorphins.